Merck Foundation and the First Lady of DRC celebrate the winners of “Stay at Home” Media Awards to raise Awareness about coronavirus
Merck Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Merck KGaA Germany announced the winners of “Stay at Home” Media Recognition Awards for African Countries.
The theme of the awards was ‘Raising Awareness on how to Stay Safe and Keep Physically and Mentally Healthy during Coronavirus Lockdown’ with the aim to separate facts from myths and misconceptions.
The “Stay at Home” Media Recognition Awards were introduced in partnership with African First Ladies of Ghana, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Malawi, Namibia, Niger, Guinea Conakry, Burundi, Central African Republic (C.A.R.), Chad, Zimbabwe, Zambia, The Gambia, Liberia and Congo Brazzaville, Angola and Mozambique.
Dr. Rasha Kelej, CEO of Merck Foundation emphasizes, “I am very proud of our winners. We received a tremendous response from African journalists in form of their entries. I truly believe that Media plays a crucial role in educating and sensitizing our communities about health and sensitive issues such as COVID-19, therefore, through the awards, we are recognizing the distinguished reportage and the exceptional work of journalists who frequently covered this topic in their countries”.
Here are the winners from the Democratic Republic of the Congo :
ONLINE CATEGORY WINNERS
- Cassien Tribunal Aungane – Diplomacy & Development Blog (500 USD)
- Mukanya Kafuata Andre – Mbote Africa (500 USD)
- Stéphie Manza Mukinzi – www.alertecoronavirus.wordpress.com (300 USD)
PRINT CATEGORY WINNERS
- Mathy Musau Dinyika – Forum Des As (500 USD)
MULTIMEDIA CATEGORY WINNERS
- Muemba Wa Muemba Donat – Jua Services (500 USD)
- Jessy Nzengu - Palmier Radio-Télévision Communautaire (300 USD)
- Kazadi Lukusa Nicolas - Radiotélévision Happy Day (200 USD)
RADIO CATEGORY WINNERS
- Aly Bukasa Kabambi - Radio Communautaire Butook (500 USD)
- Jody Daniel Nkashama - Radio Okapi (300 USD)
Cassien Tribunal Aungane, Editor